Non-Degree Graduate Information

Whether you are a practicing professional, looking to expand your knowledge-base or enhance your skill-set, or you are preparing yourself to pursue a graduate degree, you are welcome to take courses as a non-degree student here at Mines.

   Links and Downloadable Forms

   Academic CalendarPDF versionText only version

   Graduate Application

   Application instructions non-degree studentsPDF versionText only version


   International Student Financial StatementPDF versionText only version


If you already have a already achieved a bachelor's degree (in any subject) you must use the online graduate application for admission to apply. Please make sure to select Non-Degree under the 'Application Type' section and fill out the appropriate information that follows, within the online application, to be considered for admission.

Additionally, you will not be able to complete your application until after the course schedule has been approved and released for the term you wish to take courses in (Fall, Spring, Summer I or Summer II). Please check the Registrar's page for a schedule of courses.

For your convenience you can download this checklist here: application instructions for non-degree applicantsPDF versionText only version.

Please ensure that your non-degree application is submitted by the deadline date.

  • As a non-degree applicant you are required to submit a NEW application for each term you are applying to (Fall, Spring, Summer I and Summer II)
  • A non-refundable $10 application fee is required of all non-degree applicants. Please note: Our online application will only accept fees paid by credit or debit card.
  • You MUST complete the course number list section, within the online application, before you submit the application
  • International non-degree applicants are required to submit a valid I-20 and I-94 form and the International Student Financial StatementPDF versionText only version form. Please feel free to visit our International Student and Scholars Office
  • Applicants who qualify for Colorado residency must submit copies of all four documents per Colorado Law (The Graduate office will accept these via email or you can mail them to the Graduate Office.)*:
    - A Colorado State Income Tax Return
    - A Colorado State Vehicle Registration
    - A Colorado State Driver’s License
    - A Lease Agreement or Purchase Papers showing your physical proof of residence in Colorado for the past 12 months.
    *If you have attended CSM within the previous 12 months as a Colorado resident you do not need to submit these documents..

Once your application is complete and submitted, it is processed in the Graduate Office. From there it is forwarded to the Registrar’s Office, where you are registered for your classes. You will receive an e-mail confirming your registration. Be sure to print this e-mail; it contains specific information about withdrawing from classes, should you need to do so, and the deadline for any changes you need to make. If you have not received notification within five days of your first class you should contact either:
Angel Dotson: or email


Colorado School of Mines
           engineering the way

Graduate School
1500 Illinois St.
Golden, Colorado USA 80401-1887
(303) 273-3247
(800) 446-9488 x3247

Contact us



© 2015 Colorado School of Mines | Equal Opportunity | Privacy Policy | Site Map | Text-Only Version

Last Updated: 03/18/2014 09:42:40